Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Getting here...

7:45pm
To get to Singapore, my flight departed from Boston, with a stopover at London Heathrow Airport, and on to Singapore. The first leg of the flight took about 5.5 hours to get to London, and went quite smoothly. However, when I got to the airline transfer desk I found out that my reservation for the Singapore leg of the trip had been cancelled! Put on stand-by for the rest of the day, I made it on a flight six hours after my initial reserved flight, and arrived in Singapore at 5:00pm.


Boston Logan Airport


International Terminal, Singapore Changi Airport 

6:00pm
Thanks to the generosity of another science teacher here in Singapore, Ken Jin, I am staying in his "flat" while he stays with his parents during my trip. It is so nice to have a full flat, with a kitchen, washing machine, and balcony! It feels like a great home base and I am excited to be living among the Singaporeans!





7:30pm
For my first meal in Singapore, I went to the nearby Parkway Parade Mall to a Taiwanese restaurant, Din Tai Fung. They have some of the best dumplings around, and I love the ones that have soup inside! I am exhausted from the travel, so it's great to get to sleep. It will probably take a little while to adjust to the time change since Singapore is exactly 12 hours ahead of Boston - basically I have to completely switch my day and night! I have a full schedule ahead!




No comments:

Post a Comment